2017 Falliday Craft & Bake Sale
Bake Sale * Lunch Service * Used Book Sale
Shepherd of the Hills Presbyterian Church
20th and Simms, Lakewood
Friday, November 3, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, November 4, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
REGISTRATION FEE: $45, $35 or $30 per booth based on size. In addition to
the booth fee, a donation of 10% of your sales to Presbyterian Women is
required; however, charitable organizations are exempt. All proceeds benefit
Presbyterian Women’s local mission projects.
BOOTH SIZE: The Falliday show offers three sizes of booths:
A – $45 – Large – 100 square feet. Most measure 10’ wide x 10’ deep
B – $35 – Medium – 70 square feet. Most measure 10’ wide x 7’ deep
C – $30 – Small – Various sizes depending on location. Space will
accommodate one 6’ x 2 1/2’ table. Choose this size if all you need is table
• Vendors are required to obtain a Colorado Special Event Sales Tax License prior to the event using the Sales Tax Special Event Application Form DR0589. Get the form and detailed instructions from www.Colorado.gov/tax. Mail it back to them with the appropriate fee.
• Charitable organizations must be registered as tax exempt through both the
State of Colorado and the City of Lakewood. If the organization makes more than $25,000 during a calendar year, it must obtain a sales tax license from the State of Colorado.
• City of Lakewood licensing is not required of vendors. However, if you are already a business that has a City of Lakewood Sales Tax License, you will file your tax reporting form along with payment to the City of Lakewood. Please list your sales tax license number on the Falliday registration form.
All vendors, except for charitable organizations, must collect sales tax for the State of Colorado (4.5%) and City of Lakewood (3%). The Colorado Department of Revenue has information on how to file and pay your collected taxes online after the event. For information about the City of Lakewood tax, call 303-987-7630 or www.lakewoodcity.gov/tax. File your own reporting form along with payment to the City of Lakewood by December 20,2017.
The deadline for applying for the 2017 Falliday show is August 1, 2017. Please be early as space fills up fast. Returning artists will be given priority. New artists will be admitted, as space is available. To limit the number of booths selling similar items, some new artists may be denied participation. New applicants must submit photographs of crafts to be considered. Photographs will not be returned. Email your photographs to Jo Ann Zimmerman – email@example.com. If you email your photos, please put a note to that effect on your registration form.
- August 1 – Applications due
- August 10 – Acceptance/rejection emails sent
- Thursday, Nov. 2, 3-8 p.m. – Set Up
- Friday, Nov. 3, 7:30-9 a.m. – Set Up
- Saturday, Nov. 4, 8 a.m. (building opens) Breakdown at 4 p.m.
Any artist who removes items before 4 p.m. will not be allowed to participate in
SMOKING & PET POLICIES
Shepherd of the Hills Presbyterian Church is a non-smoking facility. Only licensed and approved service dogs are allowed in the church.
The church facility is locked during hours not related to the Falliday show. Neither the church nor the staff shall be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Marketing efforts will include advertisements in the Denver Post, the church website, Christian radio station calendars, posters and flyers in and around the church, direct-mail postcards, electronic sign boards, and appropriate yard signs.
- Vendors may add names to the postcard mailing list if submitted to the church by September 1.
- A PDF of the flyer and postcard will be forwarded to each artist for her/his use in notifying friends or to make copies for distribution.
- Preview display at the church on Sunday, October 29: Artists are asked to bring one or two samples of their work to the church by 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 27, for the Sunday preview. Items will be secured prior to and after the preview and will not be sold prior to the sale. Please put your name on your submitted item(s).