Sun, Nov 14|
Practice Based Mini-Retreat
Do you want to move your faith from your head to your heart? Do you long to connect with God by learning ancient practices for experiencing a prayerful life? Join us for this practice based mini-retreat.
Time & Location
Nov 14, 2021, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM MST
Lakewood, 11500 W 20th Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215, USA
About the event
Are you like so many people inside and outside the church who want to move your faith from your head to your heart? Do you long to connect with God by learning ancient practices for experiencing a prayerful life? The good news is spiritual growth is rooted in specific practices that have been handed down through the ages, and cultivated over time, these practices deepen our connection with God and others.
During the three hours we will practice:
- Centering meditation: that you can incorporate into your daily life
- Brief reflection of insights from Pastor Matt: "Spirituality and Practice"
- Experience the Way of Council: In circle we will explore, practice, and model techniques for authentic sharing, listening and mirroring.
- A brief "Wandering" time of Solitude in or near the church with guided prompts to experience the presence of God.
- Creative journaling and art
Be sure to bring a journal or notebook along with a writing utensil. If the weather is cooperative, we might spend a little time outdoors, so wear clothing appropriate for the conditions. Light snacks will be provided during the afternoon.
Hope to see you then!
Spiritual Formation Team